TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Engagement of Services
- a) Medusa Auto Detailing uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the valet will be provided in a professional and satisfactory manner. You understand and agree, however, that Medusa does not guarantee that your car detail will be performed to your satisfaction, that it will meet your needs, or that it will meet any applicable industry or professional standards.
- b) If you choose to Request a Valet, then you must:
(1) Verify the location of your vehicle before submitting a request; (2) ensure that the services are available in your location; (3) leave your vehicle in a public location where we are authorised to enter and perform the valet; (4) ensure that there is at least a 50cm perimeter around all sides of your car to allow technician to valet your Vehicle; (5) Remove any personal and/or bulky items and/or car seats and/or open any compartments and/or seats in preparation for the valet. Vehicles not prepared may not receive a thorough detail if the technician doesn’t have full and unobstructed access to your vehicle. (6) Understand traffic and delays from other jobs may cause arrival delays. Understand you always need to allow a 2 hour window from your booked time for us to arrive.
Bookings that have been placed with the Company on the website or the app, or via telephone must be paid for ahead of time. Payment is made using Credit/Debit card, or Apple Pay or Google Pay (subject to availability) through Stripe. The Company reserves the right to cancel or restrict bookings subject to availability.
All prices are listed on the Company’s price list which can be found on the website and in the app and are listed in pounds sterling. The Company reserves the right to change pricing without prior notice. Pricing is determined based on the publicly available size data held by the relevant authorities on your vehicle.
In order to fulfil our obligations to you, the Company may contact you with regards to any appointment you have made. We may from time to time send you reminders. You can opt out of such communications on the website or from the bottom of each email.
We will perform the services selected by you from our service list with all reasonable skill and care.
Whilst the Company shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that its operatives shall take reasonable care of the vehicle whilst in its custody (including without limitation where the vehicle is washed and cleaned), the company shall not be liable for:
- Damage to, loss of the vehicle or any part of it, or any of its accessories or any of its content and/or damage to any other property, arising from, or in connection with our custody of the vehicle.
- We take no responsibility for damage to vehicles that have satin or matt paint or a satin/matt wrap on their vehicle. Vehicles with this type of paintwork are done at the owners own risk due to the complexity of these types of paintwork. When cleaning engine bays, you must advise us of any alarms and/or immobilisers. Also, all other electrical components, split hoses, loose connections, engine management light on etc. before cleaning. Medusa Auto Detailing will not be held responsible for any damage to these components if we were unaware of them. Please be aware that cleaning engine bays does carry a small element of risk. We will not be liable for any damage done as a result of engine bay cleaning. Please be aware that as a result of cleaning a vehicles bodywork and/or engine bay, dependent on the condition (such as a heavy oil leak), this can cause some staining to the surface below the vehicle. We accept no responsibility for any staining caused.
iii. Where such liability is proved to arise, and only to the extent it is proven to arise, as a result of negligence, a criminal act or breach of statutory duty on the part of the company or its operatives.
iiii. In addition, the Company accepts no responsibility or liability for any damage, however caused, resulting from or in connection with the seizure of the vehicle by the police, H.M. Customs & Excise or any person lawfully authorised to do so.
The operatives of the Company have no authority to accept any valuables or other articles for safe custody and the company will not be liable for any loss of or damage to any such articles which a customer purports to leave in the safe custody or keeping of the Company, its operatives.
6. Cancellation Policy
We understand that schedules change and you may need to change the time of a booking.If you cancel the booking within 24 hours of the scheduled time we will charge 50% of the booking. Cancellations within 3 hours of the booking time will be charged in full.
If you move a wash 24 hours before the due date to another time (within 30 days) and do not cancel, you will be charged a fee of 20%. Changing the time 3 hours before a booking will result in a 50% fee; as your technician will have booked out time for you and your vehicle in their working day
7. Customer Responsibilities
You must disclose to us all defects, damage, or weakness in your vehicle, known or suspected by you, which may be affected by the services prior to our commencing with any of our services.
We do not undertake to insure your vehicle against loss while it is in our possession. Insurance of your vehicle is at all times your responsibility.
Any complaints about our work cannot be considered unless reported prior to our operative handing you back your key and marking the job as complete.
You will be liable to us for any death, injury or damage suffered by us or our staff attributable to any defect in your vehicle or any harmful contents.
It should be noted that polish and other cleaning products can be slippery and extreme caution should be exercised when collecting your vehicle.
We accept no liability whatsoever for loss or damage caused as a consequence of failing to heed this warning.
Old or non original paintwork can be damaged in the cleaning process. All such defects shall be indicated to our staff prior to commencement of the cleaning process.
Child seats and booster seats must be refitted by you. We will not be able to refit seats under any circumstances.
You confirm that you have a spare set of keys for the vehicle and that we shall not be liable for loss or damage caused to you or the vehicle by an operative accidentally losing the keys or locking them in the vehicle.
Older vehicles may have weaker or perished materials and we agree to provide the services at your risk in respect of vehicles over 3 years old.